Apple Unveils New Aluminium Body Macbook Pro
A slim bodied and sleeker Macbook Pro has been unveiled by Apple. The Macbook Pro’s shell is machined from a single piece of aluminium from a special unibody process for maximum strength-to-weight ratio, featuring a cool multi-touch touchpad made of glass and a 15.4 inch display.
Besides the above, the Macbook Pro also comes with a power saving feature that allows the user to switch between its NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT discrete graphics processor or the integrated graphics chip for energy efficiency.
The Macbook Pro measures at 9.82 inches (24.9 cm) x 14.35 inches (36.4 cm) x 0.95 inch (2.41 cm), and weighs in at 5.5 pounds (2.49 kg).
Processor wise, the CPU starts with a dual core 2.4GHz Intel processor up to a blazing 2.8Ghz.
Unfortunately, this version of the Macbook Pro do not come with Blu-Ray drives, instead they come with an 8x SuperDrive capable of reading and writing DVD±R DL, DVD±RW and CD-RW formats.
Software that comes with the system include Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and iLife ’08.
Currently, prices start from $1,999 for the 2.4GHz version and $2,499 for the 2.53GHz.
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- 250 GB (5400 RPM), 320 GB (5400 RPM), 250 GB (7200 RPM), 320 GB (7200 RPM) hard drive. Optional 128 GB SSD hard drive.
- [NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support; 256MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.4GHz configuration; 512MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.53GHz and 2.8GHz configurations
- Intel Mobile PM965 Express chipset.
- Glossy widescreen LCD (16:10 aspect ratio).
- Built-in iSight camera.
- USB 2.0 ports (two on 15-inch model, three on 17-inch).
- FireWire 800 port.
- ExpressCard/34 expansion slot.
- Miniature version (on the 15″ model) of the DVI connector, (VGA compatible using adapter).
- Audio input/output using optical S/PDIF (via TOSLINK cable, not included) and analog sound output and inputs.
- Gigabit ethernet port
- Wireless networking using AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/draft-n and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- 2 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) in two SO-DIMMs, expandable to 4 GB.
More Macbook Pro Images:
Macbook Pro 2008 video (featuring unibody process):
Apple Notebook Event videos:
More Macbook Pro 2008 linkages around the web:
Techradar: Apple launches ‘unibody’ aluminium MacBooks
MacRumors: Apple Announces New MacBook Pros, Updates MacBook Air
Engadget: Apple MacBook aluminum and glass super-shiny hands-on
boingboing: Apple MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and MacBook upgrades
Gizmodo: Hands On With MacBook Pro 2008