Brando Eco-Friendly Solar-Powered Wireless Optical Mouse
Here’s one wireless mouse that is not only capable of running on conventional power from the power supply, but is also capable of running on a renewable energy source and that’s solar power.
For wireless mice, a great hassle has to be when the power runs out and there’s no convenient way to keep it charged as compared to a wired mouse. This solar wireless mouse, while its main feature is the ability to be powered by solar energy, it will most probably be a form complimentary source of power for this solar computer mouse.
Since the mouse uses wireless means for data transfer and a optical laser sensor for tracking, we would expect its consumption to be quite significant. In addition, a regular computer user will usually use the mouse when it’s bright, covering the solar cells in the process; leaving it to rest at night when sleeping.
However for one who is eco-minded, there will be plenty of opportunities for this computer mouse to get nice sunbathing sessions regularly to keep it charged, greatly reducing the number of times needed for the mouse to change to a fresh battery.
- Using 2.4GHz two-way wireless frequency technology, super anti-interference technology
- AVAGO high speed laser engine, effect the high speed precise position
- Built-in DPI button, switch between 1,000 ~ 1,600dpi easily
- Built-in On/Off switch
- Powered by Solar Energy or 1 x AAA Battery (Battery is included.)
- Support Window 7 / Vista / XP, Mac, Linux
- Dimension: 108 x 53 x 25mm (approx.)
- Weight: 74g
The solar wireless optical mouse is available in two colors, white and grey and retails for $36 from Brando USB.