We all know that the iPod Nano is designed to be slim enough to fit into the pockets of pants. First there came the reports about broken screens after the phones were subjected to stress due to flexing while in user’s pockets. Now, it has incredibly managed to set a man’s pants on fire! I have read news about mercury from the broken iPod screen leaking and causing the batteries to heat up before but certainly haven’t heard of one that actually burst into flames. Is the iPod getting more and more dangerous by the day?

iPod Nano Burns Pants

Danny Williams, of all places was working at a kiosk in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport when he found flames reaching up to his chest from his pocket. Apparently his pants had caught fire from the iPod Nano he had kept in his pocket and the only thing that shielded him from getting burnt was a piece of glossy paper kept in the same pocket.

“I’m still kind of freaked out that after only a year and a half my iPod caught fire in my pocket,” said Williams.

This is the first time I’ve read that an iPod could potentially cause a major disaster, considering the location at which the incident happened. Hopefully the engineers behind the device would take this matter seriously.

News report via geeksugar