Tomy Xiao TIP-521 Digital Camera and Printer in One
A camera that produces photographs on the spot? This sounds like nothing new. However it’s not the type of polaroid cameras that we’re used to seeing. In fact, this camera has a printer built into it’s small chassis! Best of all, it’s capable of printing instant borderless photographs in only 60 seconds.
Here comes the clever bit. The photo printing process of the Tomy Xiao camera requires no ink, and that means no more buying refills of cartridges. This is made possble by using a special technology called ZINK which uses a special type of paper containing crystals that become colorized when activated by the printer.
The Tomy Xiao TIP-521 photo printing digital camera is available in three colours: black, magenta and green marine. They come equipped with a 5-megapixel lens and a 2.48 inch LCD display. The price is set at 34,800 yen for a November 28 release.
- 5.0 megapixels, 4x digital zoom
- 2.48″ full color LCD display
- 16MB internal memory, supports SD/SDHC memory cards
- Multiple flash modes
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery and AC power adapter
- IrSimple/IrDA receiver
- Dimensions Approx. 149.5 x 74.5 x 25mm, ~294g (with battery)
Built-in ZINK Printer
- Powered by ZINK Zero Ink Printing Technology from ZINK Imaging
- Prints 2″x3″ (5×7,6 cm) borderless, sticky-back ZINK prints
- Durable photos – smudge-proof, water-resistant, virtually tear-proof
- Fade-resistant, long-lasting images
- No waste – no ink cartridges – Just Add ZINK Paper