Universal USB 2.0 Drive Adaptor Connects To Any Hard Drive
Usually when one needs to add a hard drive to a system, in earlier times the casing of the PC has to be opened to do so. Not too long ago we have seen USB enclosures taking over the market. Even so, these enclosures do have a shortcoming — they only connect to a specific type of hard drive, an IDE or SATA connection.
With the NewerTech USB 2.0 Universal Adaptor, almost any type of hard drive and even optical drives can be connected to the device and be able to interface with the PC via USB.
CNET Asia Crave has also reported that the device will debut at Macworld 2008 and will go for US$29.95 (S$42.86).
- USB 2.0 to ATA connection (2 sided, for 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives), and a SATA connection
- Connect any device with an ATA or SATA interface to a Mac® or PC with USB interface
- Transfer rate approx. 480 Mbps (USB 2.0)
- Complies with USB 2.0 standards
- Backwards compatible to USB 1.1 standards
- Complies with ATA/ATAPI-66 Spe. V1.0
- Compatible with SATA-I and SATA-II
- Simple to install
- Supports IDE and enhanced IDE hard drives
- Supports ATA/ATAPI CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM and more
- Clean, ample powered UL listed 2.0 amp external AC adapter provides drive power