USB Mini Scanner is Small Enough To Fit in Your Hands
Need a relatively quick way for scanning items besides using your phone’s camera to digitize stuff like a business card or an idea you scribbled on a piece of napkin during coffee break? Here’s one handy and ultra mini USB scanner that’ll do the job in a snap.
The USB mini scanner is simply a miniaturized version of the document scanner. Just like a traditional scanner, it comes with optics to pick up whatever rolls across its digital eye and instead of having motors to move its scanning module around, your hand does the job of moving it across a business card, memo, to-do list or doodle to turn it into a digital format.
After scanning, the bundled software will allow the scanned information to be converted into image or text format as required.
- Mini scanner is great for pictures, business cards, and more
- Fast and convenient way to scan, archive, and get organized
- Multi-function software includes Picture Direct, OCR Direct, and BCR Direct
- Contact image sensor: 300 dpi selection
- Maximum scanning speed for a document of 8": about 2 seconds
- Scanning width: 2.12"
- Scanning length: 47.25"
- File format: JPEG
- Cable length: 39"
- Dimensions: approx 3.5" x 1" x 0.78"
- Weight: approx. 2 oz.
- Package includes:
- USB Mini Scanner
- Business card scanning tray
- User’s manual
- Software CD (for Windows 7/Vista/XP)
A nice little gadget to have around for scanning text and images from small cards and documents accurately rather than having to fiddle around with the camera from a smartphone just to get everything in focus.
The USB mini scanner retails for $79.99 from ThinkGeek.