Wireless Retro Style Gamepad For iOS and Android Devices
It can be fun to relive the gaming moments of 8-bit retro games on newer devices such as the smartphones we have today in our digital generation. Gone are the classic gaming consoles since many smartphone these days are more than capable of running such simple games.
The downside to playing on a touchscreen smartphone is the feel of using on-screen controls that do not offer any tactile feedback. While it can be a small tradeoff for those who simply want to play casually, it’s definitely a no-no for those who want the original feel.
Made to look like a retro gaming controller, similar to the classic Nintendo controller, this retro style gamepad called the i-Cade 8-Bitty will offer a true retro gaming experience with your current touchscreen devices, be it on the iOS on the iPad or iPhone and also on Android devices.
The Bluetooth enabled device also means that there will be no wires involved while playing, so there will be a need to prepare for extra batteries or a couple of rechargeable AA batteries for continued usage of this wireless gamepad.
- Classic retro-styled game controller fits in your pocket and works with iPhone & iPad
- 8 button control including 4 face buttons, select, start, and two shoulder buttons… plus the D-Pad for movement
- Wireless connection with auto power save mode
- Mini version of larger size iCade cabinet invented and designed by ThinkGeek
- Fully compatible with all iCade games
- Completely open development platform. App developers can add support for iCade with no permission needed from Apple or ThinkGeek. (See links for code examples below).
- "Atari Greatest Hits" iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with Missile Command for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Android support for most tablets and smartphones.
- NOTE: Atari Greatest Hits only runs on iPad, not on iPhone or iPod touch.
- Requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
The wireless retro style i-Cade 8-Bitty retro style gaming controller retails for $24.99 from ThinkGeek.